Vikings is a show known for its braided hairstyles, and this includes the men! Here’s a tutorial for two easy styles worn by Rollo Lothbrok in seasons 2 and 3 of the show.

Difficulty: Easy
Hair Length: at least collar bone length
Materials: three small hair elastics
Skills needed: English braid, rope braid
Time cost: 5-15 minutes
ideal hairtype: any

Playlist of more Vikings hair tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmUw1i4Nj6o&index=1&list=PLHZvUpJ8tQdvp-IfUrkmsD2TS2E4wSv_N

If you guys like my videos, please subscribe, give me suggestions/requests, and share!

I have a new website! Visit silvousplaits.com to see tutorial videos with more text instructions, pictorials, inspiration pictures, blog entries, and other styling services!

Find me elsewhere on:
www.facebook.com/silvousplaits
twitter @silvousplaits
Instagram @silvousplaits_hairstyling
Pinterest, http://pinterest.com/silvousplaits/
Stumbleupon, http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/silvousplaits
Tumblr, http://silvousplaits.tumblr.com/
DeviantART: http://silvousplaits.deviantart.com/

Music “Broken Reality” copyright Kevin MacLeod under CC Attribution 3.0 License

1. Wikke Schrandt
    Wikke Schrandt says:

I just want to say, your channel has really helped me. I've had long hair all my life, and I was the only one in my whole family. Without any instruction, I've always struggled to keep my hair out of the way and still having it look good, which is especially important as a bartender. So glad to see you've got these tutorials for men as well. Thank you, and keep them coming!

2. Sufiya H.
    Sufiya H. says:

I learned to like man-buns from Kurosawa movies. Anyone who thinks man-buns aren't manly needs to check out Toshiro Mifune in any samurai movie ("Rashomon" and "Akahige" my faves) or even the Western "Red Sun", where TM teams up with the manly man Charles Bronson.. Nowadays we have man-braids to like! Glad to see long hair on men coming back into style!

3. Sascha Hoppe
    Sascha Hoppe says:

I think collar bone lenght is not enough. I am really frustrated!!! A suggestion from me is, when you grabbed the two sections from the front, to pony tail the rest of the hair , so it doesnt get in your way.

4. Abby Rose
    Abby Rose says:

Ive always been so bad at doing hairstyles myself but i just tried this and omg!!! Its perfect. I finally have something to do with my hair other than leave it down 🙂

5. Meinex
    Meinex says:

His name was Rollo Sigurdsson. Ragnar's surname was Sigurdsson too. "Lothbrok" was just Rangar's nickname just like Bjorn Ironside, Sigurd Snake-in-the-eye or Ivar the Boneless.

6. WoodySquash
    WoodySquash says:

So I used one of these at the girlfriend's fundraising dinner for work and a drunk lady played with it at the bar 0_o so….i guess moral of the story is great tutorial haha

7. Thorbjörn Rollosson
    Thorbjörn Rollosson says:

Great tutorial, but "lothbrok" (lodbrok) isn't there family last name, its a nickname, like Bjorn ironside. rangers last name is Sigurdsson. in Scandinavian culture, children commonly take there fathers first same and add "sson" at the end of it (e.g. eriksson = Erik's son). also there no evidence connecting roll and Ragnar of having any bloodline relations. -for anyone that cares lol

8. Ray Zavala
    Ray Zavala says:

+silvousplaits thanks for the inspiration… i made a favorites list with your tutorials i will definitely be rocking some viking styles. 😊