Difficulty: Moderate
Hair Length: at least collar bone length
Materials: several bobbypins, one small elastic
Skills needed: Dutch lace braid
Time cost: 15-40 minutes
Ideal hairtype: any

If you guys like my videos, please subscribe, give me suggestions/requests, and share!

Find me elsewhere on:
www.facebook.com/silvousplaits
twitter @silvousplaits
Pinterest, http://pinterest.com/silvousplaits/
Stumbleupon, http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/silvousplaits
Tumblr, http://silvousplaits.tumblr.com/
DeviantART: http://silvousplaits.deviantart.com/

Music copyright Kevin MacLeod under CC Attribution 3.0 License

1. Cesar Perez, Jr.
    Cesar Perez, Jr. says:

I had that hairstyle for my Grade 6 graduation but alas it’s only one braid!!!! I had middle hair that time and I saw from the film she (Princess Leia) has two!

2. Drakendottir
    Drakendottir says:

OMG I can't believe I just did this. It took me a bazillion times stretched out over months. I'm usually really good at braiding but braiding upwards for some reason never really worked. But right now, for the first time, I have a (somewhat sticky-looking, imperfect, but working) crown braid. And I did it with electrical first-day-hair too.
    Thanks so much for your tutorials, you are a huge inspiration for my hairstyling! I did one of the cersei styles you taught me for my best friend's wedding and I will be wearing either this crown braid or the Cloud City-Leia-Hairstyle when I get to watch the new Star Wars movie in two weeks. Lots of time to perfect either one now that I finally got the hang of it 🙂

3. Miss Agent E
    Miss Agent E says:

+Silvousplaits You are amazing. You make this look so easy. I have such a hard time Dutch lace braiding, even though I watched your tutorials numerous times and practiced and practiced. This simply means you've got talent!

4. emcewan12
    emcewan12 says:

Hey I just wanted to say thank-you for making these awesome tutorials! I was never a "girly-girl" and so I skipped the whole "hair ability" phase–thanks for teaching me such great, nerdy styles!! I always recommend you to people who ask me how I started styling it. Keep up the great work!!

5. Cat T
    Cat T says:

Why did I cut my hair RIGHT BEFORE seeing Star Wars and falling in love with Leia and her LONG hair and hairstyles…

6. Sophie Beall
    Sophie Beall says:

hey so i love love this and want to do it for halloween, but my hair isnt that long. I'm not a good braider in general.. i can only do a regular unfortunately but i have like 2 in past shoulder length hair. should be a little longer by then. i noticed you had some extra braid that you wrapped once, but your hair is much longer than mine. any tips to make it work?

7. Fanny Gallez
    Fanny Gallez says:

Excuse me for my english because I speak french! Il love your video's, you are cool! Can you do the hair tutorial of Leia on Endor? (with the ewoks, no with the speeder bikes) I don't know how I most do that!! Thank you very much for your answer! May the Force be with you!!! Fanny

8. Hannah Louise
    Hannah Louise says:

You make the Dutch braid look so easy!! I always struggle and it always ends up looking like a hot mess XD but In the film Carrie just had two long braids wrapped around her head 🙂 x

9. Maria João Barata
    Maria João Barata says:

Amazing tutorial! I've been wanting to make this hairstyle for a long time, and this one is simple enough for even a rookie like me to understand and attempt 🙂 I don't know how to make dutch braid yet, but in my first attempt I cheated with a kind of french braid to check if I could follow through, and I can, so now only thing I need is to learn dutch braid 😀 luckily I'm a speed learner 😛

10. Emma
    Emma says:

This definitely took 6 tries to get it looking presentable, haha. My biggest problem was keeping the part in the back close to the nape of my neck, surprisingly. The first 5 times I did it by starting it by my left ear, but then I switched to starting on my right ear on the 6th time and it made a world of difference. Perhaps because I'm right-handed? Who knows. But thank you for this tutorial! You're my favorite hairstyling channel. Clear instruction, easy to follow, and to-the-point (no rambling or extra talk). :))

11. krustomer
    krustomer says:

ughhhhhhhh i cant get the hang of flipping it around the head properly, especially on the top. it either looks incredibly messy or it is a french braid

12. Julia Rottluff
    Julia Rottluff says:

My father to my mother about me trying to do this after 30 min:
    She is still braiding because the empire keeps striking back 😉

But finally I got it. Now, after I did it the third time, it looks amazing and took me about twenty minutes. I love this 🙂

13. Emily E
    Emily E says:

Still practicing this one….still have a hard time getting the braid on the side of the head to get on straight.  Much easier to start at the top of the head, but looks much better the way you do it (b/c you get that nice fat braid on the top of the head instead of the skinny starter one).  I will get there someday!