My current anti aging skincare routine 2017! Essential products for more youthful looking skin! Idea for women over 40 like me!

In the last month or so I have discovered some great products that have really done wonders for my oily, textured, mature skin! I am so excited to share with you this updated skin care routine. For reference, my skin is oily, and I have large pores and rough texture. I had acne as a teen and into my twenties, so I also have a bit of scaring along my jawline. Someday I hope to either get more peels or lasers to improve those scars. For now though, this skincare routine seems to be working out well and hopefully it can help you too!

I hope you enjoy the video and please subscribe for more content like this twice a week!

More on my channel!

STOP Doing Your Eye Makeup Like A Youtuber!

How I Style My Hair:

Over 40 Fashion:

Products mentioned in this skincare routine:

Retina A Forte ( Ziana in the United States)
L’oreal Pure Clay Exfoliate-Refine Cleanser
Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Estee Lauder Day Wear Anti Oxidant Cream or Lotion
Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 35 Moisturizer
Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield SPF 30
MAC Mineralize Charged Water Eye Cream
Clinique Repair Wear Laser Focus Eye Cream
Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask and Balm Duo (limited stock!)

My Makeup:

Laura Mercier Fusion Long Wear Foundation “Buff”
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer “Light”
ABH Brow Wiz “Soft Brown”
ABH Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette
NYC Black Liquid Eyeliner
Charlotte Tilbury blush “Ecstacy”
Kat Von D liquid lipstick and liner duo “Saint”
Pur Minerals gloss “Mirror, Mirror”
Nails: Sinful Colors 2-step in Tutu Thrill

MY TOP:

You can also follow me on…

INSTAGRAM: risadoesmakeup
SNAPCHAT:risadoesmakeup
FACEBOOK: Risa Does Makeup
TWITTER: risadoesmakeup

My email: risa@risadoesmakeup.com

About Me!

Mom. Wife. Makeup Artist. Animal Lover. I have been working as a freelance makeup artist since 1996. My first job was with Laura Mercier, and from there I worked for Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives, Chanel, Armani and more. I started this channel with the hopes of sharing my knowledge with others. As a woman in my 40’s, my skin and face are not what they used to be, but that’s ok. I have learned to adapt and adjust the beauty products I use. I hope that my channel with help you with selecting the best products as well, and teach you how to apply your makeup like a pro! If you like my videos, please share them!

Disclaimer! Some of the above links are affiliate. I do make a small commission when you use them to make a purchase. All of the money goes directly back into my channel in order to bring you the most helpful content I can! Thank you so much for your support!!

1. Lori Gianchiglia
    Lori Gianchiglia says:

Can you suggest what would be helpful for people with rosacea? I cannot leave the house w/ out make up…I want to do something that is quick but looks nice..
    My dermo told me she doesnt think laser therapy will help.. I’ve had it since I was 15 and Im almost 46:(

2. Briar Rose
    Briar Rose says:

Risa, I can't believe you're over 40! You look 25! Even with 0 makeup. I would totally buy Retin-A abroad. I struggled with acne too, from teens into my 30's and then again in perimenopause. Clindamycin did nothing. Retin-A was the only thing that worked for me, stronger formulation than you're using, and it made my fine lines disappear. OTC retinoids do little if anything for me now. So maybe I'll try Ziana. Thank you for being fabulous! And honest! I trust you so much because if that.

3. Geylekin Fraire
    Geylekin Fraire says:

Love you Risa! Your very genuine, helpful & informative. thanku for sharing your stories in order to help us out who just get to watch your vids….I'm new to your channel & I'm going to make sure I watch All your vids! keep up the great work & being the best You!! 🙂

4. Paulette Hughes
    Paulette Hughes says:

I love your content. We're the same age and it's so nice to find a peer on YouTube who is so thorough and honest. Living out west in California, I'm always worried about the sun, so I'm glad to hear you use the Neutrogena sunscreen/moisturizer too. Your skin is beautiful!

5. KG9551
    KG9551 says:

I know this is an older video, but I REALLY hope you get this message… using two SPF 15 products does NOT result in SPF 30 protection… that’s not the way SPF works! If you use one product with SPF 15, and another with SPF 30, you have the protection of the higher SPF, it cancels out the lower SPF, it doesn’t add to it to make an SPF 45.
    This is a common mistake, but it’s really important to use at least an SPF 30 every day, it’s the best (actually, really the only) anti-aging tool we have
    Just found your videos, love them!

6. goga bea
    goga bea says:

I love yours videos 💖
    Please can you tell me did you put more than 1 cream at the time?
    All of you mentioned in video ?
    I was thinking that i can put just one cream at once 😲🤔😶
    You put , per example, moistriuzer, than sun cream, than cream?
    Or one of that?
    Sorry that i maybe asking too much
    But it seem that you know what is right
    Your great and sophisticated look tell me so 💖
    And sorry for my bad english 😶

7. ilovetoshop78
    ilovetoshop78 says:

What's update on the retin-A forte? You still using it? I just got it and am wanting more info on what step of my nightly routine would I incorporate it into. Thanks

8. Lindsay Edge
    Lindsay Edge says:

I have been using RandF unblemished and it's helping my acne a lot, but should I use it and retin a? I just started retin a and have heard to not use it with strong acids but idk what is what ??

9. Tory Scott
    Tory Scott says:

Your correct about the botox. I get it for chronic migraines. The first time was so bad bc my eyelids drooped so much my vision was blurry and my eyes hurt. Ever since then I've told my neurologist not to put it in my face, but this last time he put it a quarter of an inch below my hair line and my hoods are bad again. I hate it bc of already having hooded eyes but it helps so much w the migraines. I think I'm going to look for a different neurologist.

10. Judy
    Judy says:

Wow I'm amazed at how rude some people can be. Why would she lie about getting Botox or fillers? Why can't people take someone at their word anymore? Social media is just making people cruel n have zero filters. Risa ur beautiful n very informative – thank u for ur awesome videos.

11. cmsmithshy
    cmsmithshy says:

I am over 40. My skin is really dry especially around the eye area. I’m in need of good concealer and setting powder that will hydrate and not sink into my fine lines. Also an eyeshadow palate that will not dry me out and sink into lines. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions on plumping and hydrating eye screams that you have found work best? Thank you and I love your channel.

12. Letty Bagdanov
    Letty Bagdanov says:

Thank you so much for your honesty, i really appreciate it! Being someone who isn't rich and having to live on a tight budget due to illness knowing what works and what doesn't is great. You are beautiful and very lucky to have good genes. Yes botox does bring down your eyebrows. I have to get injections for severe migraines and have noticed a big drop on my brows and like you have hooded lids so not a fun thing when it comes to applying makeup. New to you tube but love your videos.

13. AnneP makeupandmore
    AnneP makeupandmore says:

Your skin looks amazing. I'm blessed to have good genes as well. I just turned 51 and most people are shocked at my age. I started using Retin A 5 months ago. I'm starting to see a difference even though my skin is really good. It's taking it to a whole new level. I also have oily skin actually more combination oily and dry skin. I just started using a few products from Angela Caglia's line. A total game changer! Very informative video new subscriber 🙂

14. hayatwahob
    hayatwahob says:

I purchased Australian Gold spf 50 and it was too drying for my skin. Before it I was using Elta Md but decided to buy something less expensive. And it was highly recommended by another You Tuber but it just didn't work for me.

15. Rachel Weinstein
    Rachel Weinstein says:

Another great video. Thanks!!! Just FYI…… I read and also heard from a Derm, that SPF doesn't add up with the addition of various products. So you're spf15 doesn't add up with your 30 foundation to equal 45. So you must pick at least 30. But with that Nevada sun…. please take care.
    With love, your big fan, Rachel!!!

16. Chrissy P
    Chrissy P says:

Just subscribed after reading that you are in your 40's. I need to be doing what you're doing because I would never have guessed that you are in your 40's. You look so young! Going to watch your video on skincare and study-up! (I'm 42.)

17. B Deleonne
    B Deleonne says:

you're the fist woman over 40 who does anti-aging videos that i've seriously thought "ok I want to look like her when i'm 40"… you look so young!

18. TAMMY TURNER
    TAMMY TURNER says:

I just subscribed to your channel and cannot believe how young you look! I would never have guessed that you are in your forties??? God has blessed you! Looking forward to learning from you..

19. Lisa B
    Lisa B says:

I sent you a message after watching one of your videos the other day , and you responded , which was great!! I told you I had recently found your channel and that I was really enjoying it. I've watched a ton of your videos today and I've noticed that in some of them , your lips seem bigger than in others. Do you get lip injections ??

20. Sue W
    Sue W says:

Thanks for all your skin care tips!! Your skin is always so beautiful. I order my tretinoin overseas and have never had an issue. You're so right about the oily skin. Had it till I turned 60 and now have very few fine lines.. Pain at the time however. Lol

21. Teresa Madrazo
    Teresa Madrazo says:

Hi! I live in México and would be happy to send you anything you want. Reply yo this comment if you would like to get in touch. My name is Teresa and I live in Cancún.

22. Karen Kingrey
    Karen Kingrey says:

Risa, I cannot even believe you are talking about this since I never knew it existed until a couple of weeks ago when I got it from my dermatologist (I was having horrible hormonal breakouts) and she prescribed this and a cleanser & morning cream. While doing some researching on this product (trying to find it cheaper elsewhere) I came across a video from Beauty & the Bargain here on YouTube. So these two places have very inexpensive Retin-A. Reliable Rx actually has the one with Clindamycin. Now these are products from other countries but she has done a lot of checking and has used them before. So I will be ordering myself soon and giving them a try. The names again: Reliable RX. AND Skincare EX. (SALE20- 20% off). Hope you find this helpful!!!!!! And thank you for letting us know what you use for moisturizing with it! Man I am soooo dry now!!